For patients who meet the criteria for being overweight, obese, or who are at risk of weight-related comorbidities, intensive therapeutic counseling on behavioral changes can be effective for weight management.1
Rethink Your Obesity Discussions has been developed as an aid for health care professionals to facilitate discussions regarding weight management. Empathetic and supportive discussions can help patients to address the challenges of weight management.
The downloadable guide below enables you to:
- Initiate a collaborative conversation about weight management with patients
- Build trust through shared decision-making
- Emphasize the importance of the patient’s perspective, experiences, and feelings about past weight changes
- Set goals for short term and long term
- Explore appropriate lifestyle and medical treatment options and make plans that meet individual patient needs