Below you will find relevant educational and shareable resources on the ACTION Study and its findings, including study publications, fact sheets, and infographics. Additional resources can be found at ACTIONStudy.com.
Resources About the ACTION Study
ACTION Study publications
Resources for health care professionals
This poster highlights the differences in attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors regarding obesity management among PCPs and weight loss specialists
This poster highlights the importance of good dialogue between health care professionals and people with obesity
This poster provides an overview of study results on health-related quality of life in subgroups of people with obesity in the US
ACTION Study poster presented at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 2017 Annual Meeting
This poster overviews the finding that more older people with obesity than younger ones reported that a specific medical event greatly influenced their desire to manage their weight
This presentation highlights divergent perceptions and attitudes among people with obesity, health care professionals, and employers and the resulting barriers to effective obesity management
This poster provides an overview of study results on insights and perceptions of obesity management among people with obesity
This poster provides an overview of ACTION Study qualitative research results
For health care professionals
Highlights of the ACTION Study: These pages summarize key results of the ACTION Study and highlight the barriers to effective obesity care
A collection of educational materials designed to provide you with information to promote a healthy dialogue with your patients about the disease of obesity. This toolkit includes a sample newsletter, ACTION study fact sheet, and obesity infographics
For people with obesity, health care professionals, & employers
Key findings of the ACTION Study are revealed in this simple one-page fact sheet, designed to help you be a part of the solution to improve obesity care
ACTION Study resources for the media
Interested in learning more about the ACTION Study? Please call the media contacts listed to coordinate an interview with a member of the steering committee, and feel free to download the ACTION Study media resource available here.
1. Kaplan LM, Golden A, Jinnett K, et al. Perceptions of Barriers to Effective Obesity Care: Results from the National ACTION Study. Obesity. 2017. doi:10.1002/oby.22054.
2. Golden A, Nadglowski J, Tomaszewski KJ, et al. The Importance Of Good Dialogue Between Healthcare Professionals And People With Obesity. Poster presented at: ObesityWeek 2017; October 29-November 2, 2017; Washington, DC.
3. Dhurandhar NV, Kaplan LM, Kyle TK, et al. Predictors Of Weight Loss Outcomes In Obesity Care. Poster presented at: ObesityWeek 2017; October 29-November 2, 2017; Washington, DC.
4. Kolotkin RL, Look M, Tomaszewski KJ, et al. Health-related Quality Of Life In Subgroups Of A US-based, Stratified Sample Of People With Obesity. Poster presented at: ObesityWeek 2017; October 29-November 2, 2017; Washington, DC.
5. Look M, Golden A, Kyle TK, et al. Insights and Perceptions of Obesity Management in Older People with Obesity. Poster presented at: AACE Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress; May 5, 2017; Austin, TX.
6. Kaplan L Golden A, Jinnett K, et al. Divergence in Perceptions and Attitudes among People with Obesity, Healthcare Professionals, and Employers create Barriers to Effective Obesity Management: Results of the National ACTION Study. Oral presentation presented at: ObesityWeek 2016; October 31-November 4, 2016; New Orleans, LA.
7. Golden A, Dhurandhar NV, Jinnett K, et al. Insights and Perceptions of Obesity Management in People with Obesity: Results of the National ACTION Study. Poster presented at: ObesityWeek 2016; October 31-November 4, 2016; New Orleans, LA.
8. Kaplan L, Golden A, O’Neil P, et al. Divergence of patient and clinician perceptions of obesity and weight management. Poster presented at: ObesityWeek 2015; November 2-6, 2015; Los Angeles, CA.